You want to know that How to change gmail phone numbers .
When you create an account on google, they take your phone numbers and it will be associated with your account for various purposes.
If you forgot your passwords and don’t have an alternative recovery option then you can recover your account using your phone number.
That’s why It’s very important to update your phone number on google.
Let’s follow this step by step guide which will help to change gmail phone numbers.
How to change your gmail phone number
Here’s the steps which you can follow to change your gmail phone number.
Everyone has a Smart phone these days and I’ll first show the Android smartphone method.
In the 2nd method, I’ll share the computer browser method which you can also apply on the Android browser too.
1.First you have to go to the settings section of your Android and scroll down , click on google option.
2.next, click on the” manage your google account” And it will take you to the new page.
3.then click on the” personal info” tab next to the home tab.
5.after that scroll down and then you will see the phone number option click on it. (See above screenshot)
6.again click on the phone number section.
7.next,.click on the pencil icon.
8.now you may need to enter your login password again.
9.after that again you need to click on the pencil icon.
10.at the bottom click on the update number.
11.now type your number which you want to add and then click on the next option.
12.next click on the “get code” at the bottom and you will receive the code through sms.
13.enter the code to verify it (you will recieve code through message) and now your phone number is updated.
change phone number on gmail (browser)
Here I’ll guide you ” how you can change your gmail account” using google chrome on a computer.
But let me tell you that these steps you can also do from your android Or ios browser.
So, all the methods are the same.
- Open the browser and You have to sign in to gmail.
- Then click on account photo in the upper right side of the display and if you don’t have a profile photo on your gmail then you will see the first letter of your name.
- Now, click on manage your google account.
- Next just select the personal info tab.
- Then you will see the contact section and click on the “phone” Option.
- Next you will be prompted to the phone number page,click on the pencil icon to edit.
- After that you need to enter a login password.
- Next, again click on the pencil icon to edit and select the update number.
- Change the phone number and click on the “select” button at the bottom.
- you will receive code through sms than just type the code and verify it. That’s it.
Now your gmail phone number has been updated and you can relax.
I hope this problem is fixed and if you have any doubts then you can comment below I’ll try my best to help you.
please subscribe to receive important updates through notifications.