Install WordPress Plugins easily step by step.First, you need to install WordPress.WordPress website need plugins which help to add features to your WordPress blog such as add a gallery, slideshow,”Social bar plugin” for sharing.There are many plugins which will help you to add more features to your website.Thousands of free and paid plugins available in WordPress.
If you don’t know what plugin is? then you need to read our article which is based on plugins. please go through them then you will understand all the instructions for installing WordPress plugins.
In this step by step guide, we will show you how to install WordPress plugins
Important facts (must read)
In order to use plugins, you will have to use self-hosted WordPress.org (read the differences between WordPress.org vs WordPress.com).
NOTE:- If you are using WordPress.com, then you cannot install plugins.”WordPress.com” users saying that they can’t see the plugins menu in their WordPress dashboard. It is because they are using WordPress.com, which has its limitations. so it’s always good to use “WordPress.org”.
If you are using WordPress.com and you want to switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org, then you can read our tutorial on” how to move from WordPress.com to WordPress.org”.
Install WordPress Plugins (steps) :-
There are three methods of installing WordPress:-
1.Installing a WordPress plugin using search.
2.Uploading a WordPress plugin.
3.Manually installing a WordPress plugin using FTP.
Installing a WordPress plugin using search:-
1.go to your admin area where you can see “plugin”,
2.then, click on Plugins » Add New
your screen will look like this
As you can see in above screenshot there is a search bar in the upper right side, now what you have to do is to find a plugin which you need for your website, type any plugin name like “WP Super cache”.After that you will see lots of similar plugins like this below:-
you can choose your choice of plugin.As you can see in the above screenshot we are searching for “WP Super Cache”.
3.next, we will click on the “install now” button.(After installation plugin, you need to activate for using its features)
4. click on” active” button which will activate your plugin.
Install plugin using the “upload plugins”:-
You will not get any Paid WordPress plugins in the WordPress plugin directory. paid plugins cannot be installed using the first method.
This is why WordPress has the “upload plugin” option to install such type of Plugins.
so let’s start the installation of WordPress plugin using the” upload” option in the admin area.
now you need to download the plugin (will be in Zip file).Now, go to WordPress Admin area and then visit to Plugins » Add New page.
Then click on the” Upload Plugin” option on top of the page.
after that, you can see plugin upload page.Now you need to click on “choose file” button and select the plugin file from the computer which you have downloaded earlier on your computer.
After selecting the file, you need to click on “install now” button.
Now, WordPress upload plugin file from your computer and install it to your website and then you will see a success message that “plugin installed successfully”.
click on the” Activate Plugin “link to start using the plugin features.
some plugins needed to be verified, don’t worry you need to follow the instructions which are provided by the plugin and after completing the configuration, you can use the features of that plugin.
Install a WordPress Plugin using FTP(Manually):-
Things you need first:-
- FTP Username
- FTP Password
- FTP client (manager) – It is a software which helps you to upload a folder, file, content manually to your website.
Note:- If you don’t have “Username and password” then contact your hosting provider and ask them that you need”username and password” to access your host using FTP manager.
- First of all, you need to download the plugin’s file from the sources (it will be a zip file).
- Next, extract the zip file on your computer.
• After Extracting the plugin zip file it will create a new folder with the same name. This is the folder which you have to upload manually to your website using an FTP client.
• Open the FTP Client on your computer and Connect to your website using the ” FTP username and password” which is provided by your web host.
• next, when you’re connected to your website, you need to access the directory path
• now, upload the folder which you extracted earlier from the zip file to the folder
/wp-content/plugins/ on your web server.
• when uploading is done, just to “log in to your Admin area” of your website.click on”plugin” option and now you can see that your plugin installed successfully.
• click on “Activate” link below the plugins.