Beginners face confusion that which one is better, Is it better to choose the Self Hosted WordPress.org, or is it better to choose the WordPress.com?.so,in this article we will provide you pros and cons of “WordPress.org vs WordPress.com”
In the end, we will also tell you which. One is our pick.
WordPress.org vs WordPress.com
It is a website platform.It provides many features which are free and It is the “original WordPress”.
It is 100% free for anyone.you will just need a domain name and web hosting services. That’s why it is known as self-hosted WordPress.
• Your website will be under your control.
• you can upload a theme and you can also fully customize theme files.
• It is free and very easy to use.
• you can make money by using ads or you can use any other methods of earning money.
• you can upload and use any plugins.
• you just need good web hosting.This will cost you somewhere from 3$-6$ per month but you will make enough money to cover the costs.(so no loss)
• you can upgrade your WordPress with a 1-click only.
• you can backup all the data.There are many plugins which will help you to backup your data easily.(easy to use)
• for furthermore customization you need to add different plugin according to your needs.
(Milesweb hosting provide free domain with free SSL and unlimited bandwidth in just$3 and we are hosting our website on this award-winning web hosting platform)
you can also check our guide on “how to install plugin”
WordPress.com is a hosting service.This is paid version of WordPress.
The WordPress.com hosting service has plans:
- Free – Very limited.
- Personal – $36 per year
- Premium – $99 per year
- Business – $299 per year
- VIP – starting at $5000 per month
• you will get 3 GB of space for a free website.
• After that, you will have to pay for space($20 per year for 5GB) or ($290 per year for 100 GB).
• They make regular backups of your site.
• your website will get more traffic
• WordPress.com does not allow you to use plugins.you are not allowed to upload any free or paid plugins.If you want to use plugins, then you have to buy their VIP program which will cost you $5000 per month .(very high and loss ).
• They will place their ads on all free websites. If you don’t want to see their ads, then you need to pay them $29.97 per year to keep your site ads-free.
• You cannot use custom themes. you have to be stuck with their choice of theme which is being used by other millions of sites. They do offer “design upgrade” known as CSS upgrade but it will cost you 30$ extra.(loss)
• Not allowed to sell any ads on your website until you receive 25,000+ page views per month. you have to apply for feature called Ad-control (it is free) but you have to share your earning 50/50 with them.(totally loss)
• Not allowed to use analytics software.
• They can remove your website at any time if they think that it violates their terms of service.(carefully beginners)
• if they don’t like the theme developer, they can change your theme without your permission.
• you have to pay for their upgrade but even after paying, you still have to tell others that your site is powered by WordPress.com.
WordPress.org vs WordPress.com:-
There is no doubt what we are going to choose because we will choose self-hosted WordPress.org because it is free, you can customize theme, use plugins with no restriction, you can place ads and all the profit is yours, you don’t have to share your revenues.
if you still want to use WordPress.com there is no doubt that you will be in loss. you have to buy their custom domain (18$per year), pay for ads-free option (30$), upgrade for custom design (30$per year).Total (77$) + want to use plugins (5000$ per month) but still, you don’t have full control on your site.
we hope you agree with our choice but choice is yours that what web platform you want to use after reading this guide.